Volunteering at Hutchison House Museum offers many opportunities to meet people sharing an interest in local history and heritage crafts.
Volunteers provide valuable services including:
- learning and demonstrating heritage cooking, crafts and trades
- caring for the heritage gardens
- making and repairing period costumes
- conducting research on historical artifacts and local history
- providing essential behind-the scenes help for special events
Junior Volunteers, between the ages of nine and 13, also play an important role at the museum. They act as servers for the Scottish Teas throughout the summer and help with other special events.
Many junior volunteers go on to serve as docents for guided public tours of the museum, earning credits for their High School Volunteer Service requirements.
For the 2017 junior volunteer application click here.